Friday, January 17, 2014

Br:2-15 The Inch Prince

I review book. I read ‘The Inch Prince’. The character are Mr. and Mrs. Ping, Issun-boshi.

I introduce this book story. Once upon a time, there are Mr. and Mrs. Ping. They want child. Mrs. Ping said ‘only a teeny child could fit in our tiny house ’. Fairy hears it. She said magic words. After, they had teeny a child. He is one inch. His name Issy for ‘Issun boshi’.  Many years after, He leaves home. He ride bowl as boat. He want to ask emperor for job. He enter castle. But various person refused what he work. And he ask to want job. He always left the princess side. One day they meet monster. Issy help princess. He become usually person size by cloud. And they married and spend happy.

This book illustration is Eastern style. I expect Japanese ‘Issun boshi’. I read this book. I don’t think probably it. Because it is different Japanese it that illustration castle, clothes, manners. So I think Korean story. But this book wrote ‘Japanese’. This book was Japanese story.

It is wonderful this story for me. I interest it.
 Punter Russell.(2008).The Inch Prince. London. Usborne
[188] 

No comments:

Post a Comment